Ever since I got the iPad, I’ve been on the look out for a stand. There are a few out on the market but none of them take my fancy either because a) cost too much, b) too clunky, c) too flimsy. That is until I heard of the Compass from Twelve South.
- Good price point at $39.99
- Solid metal construction
- Nice packaging
- Two orientations – Easel and Typing
- Can be folded into a carry-able shape and size
- Keep iPad high enough so connector can be attached while use in easel mode
- Include a travel case
- Heavy due to metal construction
- Grippy “rubber” not as well-fitted/well-constructed as the metal part.
- “Rubber” is not grippy enough to hold iPad in place in Typing mode. At least with my iPad, it slides down very slowly until it reaches the desk.
Despite the heavy weight, I’ll definitely take it with me the next time I travel so I won’t need to hold the iPad with my hand to watch videos or read books.
More photos of the Compass on Flickr.
Leave a Reply