- Web browsers (Firefox or Safari) run slow when iTunes is playing.
- I can type faster than the browser can display sometimes (think back to the 14.4kbps modem era).
- iPhoto takes forever to load, to save changes of photos, or to exports to Flickr.
- Video podcast in 320×240 resolution drops frames when played. Don't even think about HD or H.264 encoded video.
- And most important of all, eiron has a faster computer than either of mine!
Having said all that, my G4 800MHz Titanium PowerBook has been with me for over 4 years. And forcing it to drive my new Dell LCD monitor @ 1900×1200 resolutions doesn't help the speed matter either.
Now, should I prolong the suffering and wait till after Christmas to see if there is any bargains or price drop? Or I can just pick up one of those speedy Mac Pro from the SoHo Apple Store this coming Black Friday, especially with the 10% discount?