A few weeks ago the stupid side of me left the Kindle 2 in the seat pocket on the flight back from Atlanta to LaGuardia. Leah bought me the Kindle DX as a birthday/X’mas present to replace the Kindle 2. After using the DX for 7 days, here is what I’ve found so far.
- Larger e-ink screen, longer reading between page flip
- PDF reading — printing web pages into PDF allows me to read longer articles on web sites while working out in the gym.
- Auto rotation — allowing to operate the Next/Prev Page buttons with either hand
- Not as large as it looks in pictures
- Amazon case for DX with magnetic clasp
- Keyboard feels better to type on — pill-shape, raise keys are so much nicer than the round keys on the Kindle 2
- Larger and heavier — still manageable with backpack but not coat pocket-able.
- Not as many choices in cases
And the Ugly:
- Doesn’t come with case, despite increased probabilities of damaging the huge e-ink screen