- Visited ThoughtWorks India in Bangalore
- Worked in 3 totally different projects (.Net desktop app, build & deploy at an enterprise level, and Agile coaching) in 3 different locations (London, Connecticut, New York)
- Became a committer of an Open Source project, DbDeploy.net
- Attended ALT.NET conference in Seattle
- Started ALT.NET NYC with a bunch of great, like-minded developers
- Edited 4 ThoughtWorks IT Matters podcasts
- Helped out with recruitment (code reviews, office interviews, phone interviews)
Skills and tools that I've learnt/developed that I didn't think I would otherwise:
- Agile project management, planning, estimation (Mingle)
- Presentation and coaching (PowerPoint!, public speaking)
- Build & Deploy (CruiseControl.NET, Cruise, TeamCity, NAnt, MSBuild, PowerShell, etc.)
- iPhone development
- Mocking (NMock, Moq)
- UI Automated testing (Selenium)
What I can't quantify is the amount of learning I've done during this time. Working with smarter people than myself drove me to self-improvement in ways that I did not think I can or would.
I don't know what would happen in the next 12 months but one thing for sure, I would definitely enjoy it.