Due to the crappy business practice in the food industry here in the UK, I've been dying to get back to New York and enjoy great food at reasonable price, at reasonable hours. (Wagamama closed at 8PM on Sunday in central London near Victoria Station? No fish & chips? No sushi? Pizza Hut delivery costs $30+? WTF?)
So here is the list of NYC restaurants that Missus H. and/or I frequent, and I'll make a point of visiting in Jan:
- Les Halles – best French fries there is! The steaks are great too!
- Blue Ribbon Sushi – smaller portion than usual but fresh fish.
- Johnny Rockets – Burger + fries + milk shakes = heart attack. But I'll die happy!
- Sapporo – Best Japanese noddles in Midtown. Try the curry beef soap ramen and you will be nice and warm for the cold winter NYC walk. You know it is authentic when the staff is not faux-Japanese (i.e. Chinese).
- Alfama – our favorite restaurant. Great seasonal Portuguese food with fantastic wine list. I prefer Port though and they have plenty of great ones 🙂
- Congee Village – Where else can you get authentic Chinese food (not takeout variety) at really cheap price?
- Blue Smoke – decent BBQ. Not proper BBQ triangle stuff but good for the NE.
- L'Express – good French snack food. Always very busy on the weekend or week day lunch time.
- Baluchis – decent Indian food. Not authentic like from Bangalore but hey that's OK.
- Dos Cominos – nice Mexican food. Freshly made guacamole right in front of you. What can beat that!?
- Pylos – fantastic Greek food. Best desert, EVER!
Actually the list can goes on forever but I think I've made my point! Don't think that I am dissing UK's restaurants in general, just that I think more should be opened on Sunday evening! And of course London is the only city where there are more than one Gordon Ramsay restaurants for us to eat at!
But am referring to myself as Missus H 🙂
We will have sooo much fun eating out, and me cooking when you get back!!!! Can't wait very very excited 🙂