A few ThoughtWorkers decided to participate in Movember and one of them, Toni, is in our team. He has been growing his mustache for last three weeks, so this afternoon we decided to greet him with mustaches on all of our faces (including Baxter and Nemo!) when he came back from the coffee run.
I know I should have taken time to write about my iPhone experience last Friday. But with having friends over for dinner on Saturday, tennis and French Grand Prix on Sunday, some important programming to do Monday and Tuesday, and 4th of July lunch with my friend Wendy, only now I have the time to sit down and write something.
- No scheduled email checking, only periodic checking – no point checking for emails while I'm asleep and waste battery.
- Keyboard volume can't be adjusted – the clicking is a great feedback tool but it is way too loud to use in an office.
- No WAP support – not an iPhone issue as such but since I can't log onto Facebook's mobile site (which is WAP) I wish either Apple or Facebook do something about it.
- Wi-Fi password entry is difficult to say the least – since there is no copy & paste in the iPhone, I have to manually enter the wi-fi password. I ended up connecting our iPhones to the less secure router running WEP because the password is shorter (the WPA one is 63 characters long).
- The 'Share' feature should be pluggable for developers, i.e. plug-ins for Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, etc.